Counseling and Art Therapy Program
Mindfulness and the Art of Letting Go
Presenter: David J. Fiala, MSSA, LISW-S
Incorporating unique content and approaches to Mindfulness and
Letting Go Techniques to Address Stress, Anxiety, and Depression
Saturday, April 6, 2019
10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (9:45 a.m. Registration/Check-in)
“I think it’s the best one I’ve ever taken and I’ve been in the field long time. You truly have a gift!”
Debby Jacobson, MSASS, Assistant Professor, Case Western Reserve University
CEU’s Approval #MCST10180056 (for social workers, counselors, & MFT’s)
Cost: $60 + $10 material fee (Note: Lunch is on your own)
To register contact: Pat Janosko, 440-646-8139, email@example.com
Registration Deadline: Friday, March 29, 2019
Please note: *Fee must be paid by Friday, March 29, 2019, to hold your seat!
Location: Ursuline College Campus, 2550 Lander Rd., Pepper Pike, OH 44124
Parker Hannifin Bldg. Classroom 304B
- · Identify, understand, and apply key concepts related mindfulness.
- · Learn the skills to instruct your clients in the use of key concepts related to mindfulness.
- · Identify the effect of emotions on the mind and body as it relates to stress.
- · Assess and identify the roots of stress using the tools of mindfulness.
- · Learn effective methods for applying mindfulness and other techniques to release of
- symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression.
- · Demonstrate and understand the importance of applying the use of focus, distancing oneself,
- i.e., being the Observer, in addressing symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression.
- · Identify, describe, and apply the use of a new vocabulary, as well as positive self talk, to assist
- Integrating the use of mindfulness in one’s daily life.
- · Explain a unique understanding of Present Moment Awareness and demonstrates its practical
- use for both personal and professional benefits.
- · Demonstrate the use of breath as a technique in learning the process of how to let go.
- For more detailed information, contact David J. Fiala 440-708-8028.
David J. Fiala has a private practice in Aurora, Ohio, and has been in practice for the past 28 years.
He focuses on individuals who suffer from depression, anxiety, stress, post-traumatic stress, or physical illness.
In the process he teaches clients mind/body healing, mindfulness, compassion, self-forgiveness, and a multitude
of other skills to significantly heighten their awareness of thoughts, emotions, and how to move through areas
that have long been stuck. For further information about David, go to his website: www.thepowerofyourawareness.com.
Gail Rule-Hoffman, M.Ed., LPC-S, ATR-BC, LICDC-s
Professor, Program Director
Counseling and Art Therapy Department