Call for Nominations: September 7, 2018 Deadline
Do you know a professional counselor who provides exceptional service as a clinician? Are you aware of a counselor educator who is an excellent mentor or extraordinary scholar and researcher? Do you know an individual who is innovative and has made a significant impact on the counseling profession? Do you know someone who has advocated for counselors by impacting public policy or legislation?
Award Nomination Form
Consider nominating a colleague for one of the following OCA Awards:
- Charles "Chuck" Weaver Award - One who has shown long, consistent and distinguished service to the counseling profession and who has shown exemplary caring for people.
- Dave Brooks Award - One who has demonstrated a willingness to serve and take responsibility, while creating new paths in the counseling profession.
- Herman J. Peters Award - One who promotes innovative ideas and theories in the counseling field and has a significant impact on future trends.
- Susan J. Sears Counselor of the Year Award - One who has gone beyond the call of duty by demonstrating exceptional service as a practitioner and/or counselor educator, through the application of OCA goals.
- Research & Writing Award - One who has demonstrated extraordinary research and writing ability, as evidenced by journal publications for the counseling profession.
- Public Policy & Legislation Award - One who has demonstrated excellent advocacy by engaging in meaningful lobbying on behalf of the counseling profession.
- Graduate Student Award - The purpose of this award is to recognize a counseling graduate student who has excelled in service to OCA and the counseling profession; counseling-related extracurricular or co-curricular involvements; and has demonstrated excellence and commitment to the profession.
- Professional Leadership Award - Thisaward recognizes and honors persons who through their vision, leadership, and concern for others and the profession have strengthened, expanded, and enhanced the counseling profession within Ohio.
The awards will be presented at the All Ohio Counselors Conference on Thursday November 8, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Columbus.